It is no longer news that the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), on Thursday, wielded its big stick on First Bank of Nigeria Limited.
The bank’s board members including its Chairman, Board of Directors, Ibukun Awosika were all removed.
Ms Awosika was replaced by Tunde Hassan-Odukale as Chairman of First Bank.
Before his appointment, Hassan-Odukale was the Managing Director of Leadway Assurance Company.
Here are five things to know about the new chairman.
1. He holds a BSC in Metamathematics at the University of London between 1984 to 1987 and a Post Graduate Diploma in Actuarial Science at City University London between 1987 to 1988.
2. The new First Bank of Nigeria Chair, Tunde, has been in Leadway Assurance for 29 years and two months.
3. Odukale has been a Non-Executive Director from March 1992 to January 2020, a period of 27 years and 11 months.
4. The banker also sits on the board of Total Health Trust Limited and other Leadway Assurance Subsidiaries.
5. His hubbies are playing tennis, reading and seeing new places, according to his Linkedin profile.