Unknown gunmen have attacked the house of former Minister of Sports, Damishi Sango, in Ganawuri, Riyom Local Government Area of Plateau State.
The incident occurred at the wee hour of Wednesday.
According to Daily Trust Newspaper, two persons were shot in the process and they were admitted at Jos University Teaching Hospital for treatment.
The minister’s guard was later confirmed dead following injuries sustained in the attack.
Confirming the incident, the state police spokesperson, Gabriel Ubah, said a manhunt has been launched for the attackers.
“A team of detectives and intelligence officers have already commenced investigation and manhunt for the criminals,” he said.
Mr Sango is also a former chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the State
Follow Our Page On Facebook
- BREAKING: Three abducted students of Greenfield University found dead
- Insecurity: Bandits abduct APC leader in Ekiti
- Herdsmen Attack: FG behind killers – Ortom
- Alleged Yakowa’s Killing Plot: JNI Says Excessive, Convulsive Smear Campaign Against Pantami Taken Too Far
- How EFCC Detained Godswill Akpabio For Two Hours After Attempting To Bribe Agency Chairman With $350,000